Saturday, February 13, 2010

Flight of the bird-brain

Well, sorry I haven’t posted in a while first of all. But I just haven’t had any inspiration to. I decided that you people who are reading this probably do not know a ton about me. So here it goes, I am an animal lover (who isn’t?) I own 1 dog, and 2 birds (cockatiels).

My dog is the sweetest thing in the world to me and I would give up my life for hers. She is going to turn 3 in March. She is a German Shepherd Rottweiler mix. However we think that the people at the SPCA have it all wrong. Mainly because female German shepherds and female Rottweiler’s both weigh more than 70lbs. Our little doggy only weighs 60. Plus, she acts more like a border collie than anything else. I would be convinced that she was only German Shepherd Border collie if it weren’t for her sister. (Yes we did miraculously meet her sister, after she had left the shelter. But that story is for some other time.) Anyways, her sister looks like a Rottweiler but she still isn’t pushing 70lbs.

Our one bird (Daffer) is an absolute sweet heart, (and a fattyJ). Our second bird (Bratz aka bird brain) on the other hand… well lets just say he definitely did not get enough bonding time with us. He is very grouchy and would much rather play “I fly and you try to get me” than “I sit on your shoulder and be a good boy”. I wish that I could say that our dog was completely “chill” around them but she isn’t. She will be on her belly looking dazed, but the moment she hears the birds cage door opening she gets really tense and her eyes look like they are really far off.

I have recently decided that I was going to try to train little spaz to be more calm. He can now sit on your finger, (as long as you are alone, and there in no noise, and you don’t move, and you have treats in hand. Okay so maybe she hasn’t really progressed but hey, it’s a start.)

I will try to fill you in along as the Training progresses, till then

Raz

No comments:

Post a Comment